Insurance and Payment
Advanced Women's Health Care is Out-of-Network with Tricare Standard. We submit to Tricare insurance and they pay Advanced Women's Health Care.
Tricare will notify us if there is a small amount owed by the patient.
We are Out of Network with all private insurances. Patients with Out of Network benefits can submit to their private insurance company.
- The hospital, Maine Medical Center, along with Anesthesia and Pathology, are usually In-Network.
- Insurance will cover to varying degrees, depending on the specifics of your insurance plan, the Maine Medical Center facility fee, and the costs of Anesthesia and Pathology.
- Advanced Women's Health Care accepts payment at the time care is rendered.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, checks and cash.
Treatment Outside the "Standard of Care"
Dr. Robbins and the patient will work together to determine what specific surgical procedures are necessary. If a patient wants something that is considered outside the "Standard of Care", then it is Dr. Robbins' responsibility to notify her that it is not within the Standard of Care.
Insurance Companies and Treatment Costs
Insurance companies do not differentiate between superficial treatments and complete meticulous excision of endometriosis. Insurance companies will pay for one procedure per surgery, and usually, there are multiple problems that need to be addressed at the time of laparoscopy, including, but not limited to:
- Excision of endometriosis
- Lysis of intestinal adhesions
- Ovarian cystectomy with repair
- Suspension of the ovaries