Instructions for Patients Before Endometriosis Surgery
No fish oil, Flax seed, vitamin E, or supplemental Garlic for 2 weeks prior to surgery. Please arrive at the surgical site 1.5 hours ahead of the procedure.
Preoperative Bowel Prep
Clear Liquids for 1 day prior to surgery.
- After a light breakfast and light lunch, there is no solid food the rest of the day.
- Clear liquids includes: Jell-O, popsicles, Ginger-ale, Sprite, water, and Bouillon.
- Strained fruit juices without pulp.
- You may have black coffee or tea, but no cream.
- People on bowel preps tend to become dehydrated, so please push fluids.
At 1:00pm, swallow 2 Dulcolax tablets.
At 5:00pm, mix 238gm Miralax in 64 ounces Gatorade (not red, blue or purple). Drink 8 ounces every 10-20 minutes till gone.
At 9:00pm, swallow 2 Dulcolax tablets.
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night prior to surgery.
Everything on this list can be purchased at any pharmacy.
Please call our office if there are any questions.