Endometriosis Surgery Insurance and Payment Information
We are no longer participating with Tricare East or West. This is effective Immediately.
We are Out of Network with all private insurances. Patients with Out of Network benefits can submit to their private insurance company.
- The hospital, Maine Medical Center, along with Anesthesia and Pathology, are usually In-Network.
- Insurance will cover to varying degrees, depending on the specifics of your insurance plan, the Maine Medical Center facility fee, and the costs of Anesthesia and Pathology.
- Advanced Women's Health Care accepts payment at the time care is rendered.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, checks and cash.
Treatment Outside the "Standard of Care"
Dr. Robbins and the patient will work together to determine what specific surgical procedures are necessary. If a patient wants something that is considered outside the "Standard of Care", then it is Dr. Robbins' responsibility to notify her that it is not within the Standard of Care.
Insurance Companies and Treatment Costs
Insurance companies do not differentiate between superficial treatments and complete meticulous excision of endometriosis. Insurance companies will pay for one procedure per surgery, and usually, there are multiple problems that need to be addressed at the time of laparoscopy, including, but not limited to:
- Excision of endometriosis
- Lysis of intestinal adhesions
- Ovarian cystectomy with repair
- Suspension of the ovaries